About the Fund
The Reaching People Environmental fund was set up to give Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland access to a greener life and leave an environmental legacy.
Reaching People have chosen Leicestershire and Rutland Community Foundation to administer the fund.
Grants are available for projects anywhere in Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland.
How Much Can I Apply For?
You can apply for:
- Up to £5k
- This fund is only eligible for organisations whose annual income does NOT exceed £1Million, but priority will be given to small locally run organisations.
Open and Close Dates
Fund closed 5 pm 23rd February 2023
Groups will be notified of the outcome of their application by end of May 2023
Funded projects should ideally begin June 2023 and MUST be completed by June 2024
What types of projects will the fund support?
Activities or projects need to meet one of the following environmental fund themes:
- Reduce pollution
- Support wildlife
- Increase recycling and the reuse of materials
- Protect habitats and green spaces
- Raise environmental awareness and understanding
- Growing Food Projects with a link to foodbanks
- Gardening project on reclaimed land
- Allotment projects which can demonstrate a strong community focus
- Organisations who address problems of isolation and/or loneliness by bringing people together locally and contribute to an environmental project e.g., gardening, reusing materials for crafts
- Education on the environment e.g., craft projects using recycled materials to raise awareness.
We welcome projects:
- From small local organisations
- Organisations working directly with local communities
- Organisations working with isolated people in most need
- Organisations working collaboratively and sharing resources.
What can the grant be used for?
You can apply to cover costs such as:
- Equipment and materials
- Staffing, including Specialist or qualified staff and management time for the project
- Volunteer expenses.
- Costs of organising the project or activities.
- Realistic marketing costs to promote your project or event
- Overheads relating specifically to the project (such as insurance / room hire / rent etc.)
- Food and non-alcoholic drinks
- Costs of making your event accessible to all, such as BSL interpreters, translation services, additional signage.
- Training and skills development
Please fully read the Eligibility and Guidance notes before submitting an application:
If you have any questions or need help applying, please email the grants team at firstname.lastname@example.org