The William Colton Sports Fund was established in 2012. It is named after William Colton, a self-made rope and twine manufacturer who established his business in the mid-19th century in Leicester. William eventually became a city alderman and the family business is now a packaging materials distributor based in Loughborough.
This fund is to support sports clubs, societies or groups that deliver sporting activities that benefit the physical and mental health of young people between the ages of 5 and 21.
Please note: This fund does not currently support football, darts, equestrian or dance based projects
Location and Organisation Priority:
- Sports Group and Organisations delivering sporting activities in areas of deprivation both urban and rural.
- Smaller organisations that have limited access to larger funds.
- Sports Group and Organisations delivering sporting activities across Leicester, Leicestershire and Rutland, with priority given to applications delivering in the borough of Charnwood.
Priority to fund:
- Training or coaching qualifications
- Volunteer out of pocket expenses e.g. travel cost
- Staffing, rental or hire costs that are clearly budgeted and only used for the project.
Size of Grants:
Grants are available across Leicestershire and Rutland from £1,000 up to £3,000 and must be spent within a year of receiving the grant.
Dates and Deadlines:
The most recent round of funding closed to applicants on 30th September 2021.
Decisions for this round will be made at a panel and groups will be notified by December 2021.
Before applying please read The William Colton Youth Sports Fund Eligibility and Guidance Notes
Please contact a member of the grants team if you have any queries or need help at any stage of the application process. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Telephone: 07310 166 399 or 07496 179 376