There are 33 Community Foundations in Ukraine and, like all community foundations around the world, they are uniquely placed to deliver support right in the very heart of their local community. Through the grant making process, they are actively involved in helping to get the right resources to the right people and places.
And as the number of Ukrainians fleeing to neighbouring countries continues to rise, the community foundations in those countries – Poland, Hungry and Romania, are also supporting the humanitarian efforts needed in their countries.
As a Community Foundation, we are encouraging support for the community foundations working in all of these countries.
Appeals and resources
The following appeals and resources have already been set up, delivering critical support within Ukraine and countries accepting refugees.
- ISAR Ednannia (to support Ukrainian Community Foundations)
- Federation of Community Foundations Poland (to support refugees in Poland)
- Slovak Community Foundations Appeal (to support refugees in Slovakia)
- How to Help Ukraine Now (a list of other Ukrainian charities requesting support)
- Ukrainian Humanitarian Appeal (Disasters Emergency Committee to support humanitarian aid)
- Regulators urge safe giving to support Ukraine – GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) (advice on giving safely)