About the Fund
The Sir George Earle Benevolent Fund was established in 1974 by the late Sir George Earle to support the current and former employees of Blue Circle Industries in the UK. Its aim is to fund local projects supporting older people facing loneliness and isolation.
How Much Can I Apply For?
You can apply for
- Up to £3,000.
- Your organisation’s income level must be less than £250,000, as shown in your most recent annual accounts.
- Your application value must be no more than 25% of your organisation’s annual income.
Open and Close Dates
• Fund opens: Monday 23rd May 2022
• Fund closes: 9am Monday 18th July 2022*
*subject to early close if oversubscribed
• Groups will be notified of the outcome of their application by early September
Funded projects should ideally begin 1st September 2022 and MUST be completed by 28th February 2023
What types of projects will the fund support?
Activities or projects need to meet one of the following fund themes:
- Improve older people’s access to social activity
- Reduce feelings of loneliness or isolation in older people
- Increase the availability of local projects or activity which supports older people
- Respond to local social or economic needs
- Daytime opportunities which address problems of isolation and/or loneliness
- Drop in centres
- Befriending schemes
- Lunch clubs
- Support groups
- Respite activities for carers
- Running costs for self-help groups
We welcome projects that:
- cover a small geographic area, e.g., housing estate/village, or larger areas e.g., town/borough where there is evidence of community involvement
- Small local organisations in areas of disadvantage
- Organisations that demonstrate a clearly defined need in their local community/area
- Organisations that successfully demonstrate the impact their project will have on their communities
Coffee and Chat event
We are running a “drop in” for groups interested in the fund, so that you can ask questions and find out more about whether this fund is right for your group – we know it’s a lot of work to fill in an application!
The session will be running on 1st June 2022 11am-12pm
Please follow the link to book your tickets: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/sir-george-earle-benevolent-fund-coffee-and-chat-webinar-tickets-334649885817
Please fully read the guide for applicants, including full eligibility criteria before submitting an application:
If you have any questions or need help applying, please email the grants team at email@example.com