General Information about Mercia Park Community Fund
Applications will be considered from charities, constituted voluntary and community groups that:
- Help strengthen local communities (particularly their quality of life and life chances) within a 5-mile radius of the Mercia Park Development at Junction 11 M42.
- Improve the natural environment within a 5-mile radius of the Mercia Park Development at Junction 11 M42.
Priority will be given to:
- Organisations who can clearly demonstrate that they are addressing a need in the local community and offering localised support.
- Smaller charitable organisations that have limited access to larger funds.
Applications for traffic management, hard highway and transport infrastructure or equipment are not eligible for this community fund. These can be complex and expensive, and often subject to third party approvals which may be time consuming and not forthcoming.
Size of Grants
You can apply for:
- Up to £5,000 for a 12-month project.
- In exceptional circumstances, larger grant amounts of up to £10,000 may be considered, for a project that the group can evidence clearly that they have applied to a variety of other funds and grants for match funding and the project could not be completed without a higher budget. We would highly recommend that you call the grants team to discuss your project before completing an application for a higher amount.
Dates and Deadlines
Open for applications: Thursday 18th November 2021
Closing Date: Midday on Friday 4th February 2022
Groups will be notified of panel decisions in April 2022.
Projects should start from May 2022 onwards, for a maximum 12-month period (project completing in May 2023).
Before applying please read the full Eligibility and Guidance notes here: Mercia Park Community Fund Fact Sheet 2021
Please contact a member of the grants team if you have any queries or need help at any stage of the application process. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Telephone: 07310 166 399 or 07496 179 376