This is the highest award that can be given to voluntary groups across the UK, and you could help more Leicestershire groups win this prestigious award. So, if you know of a deserving group, perhaps because you have benefitted from their service, then why not nominate them now!
The group being nominated must:
- have at least two people doing volunteering work, and have been running for 3 years.
- have more volunteers than paid staff
- provide a local service and meet a need for people living in the community
- be supported, recognised and respected by the local community and the people who benefit from it.
- have significantly benefitted others and demonstrated excellence in volunteering
Winning groups receive:
- a certificate signed by The Queen and a domed glass crystal, presented personally by HM Lord-Lieutenant; and
- two representatives from the group will be invited to attend a Royal Garden Party at Buckingham Palace.
So how do you make a nomination?
You must be independent of the group you are nominating.
Nominations can be made online at http://qavs.direct.gov.uk where further guidance is available
Leicestershire Lieutenancy Office
0116 305 6002