The Coalfields Regeneration Trust recognises that there are still many challenges facing coalfield communities as a direct result of the colliery closures. Since 1999 the trust has been delivering programmes of support to help coalfield communities create new opportunities.
The trust knows how difficult the current circumstances are given shrinking budgets, fewer resources and increased competition for funds. As a result, the trust has developed two programmes that provide practical help for groups.
Coalfields Community Grants
Coalfields Community Grants is a newly launched £1m programme providing grants up to £10,000. The Coalfields Regeneration Trust wants to support those projects that make the biggest difference to coalfield communities. It is particularly interested in projects that:
- Support Community Involvement – projects that bring people and communities together and improve social interaction, particularly projects that engage the hardest to reach or vulnerable groups
- Tackle Poverty – projects that work with the most vulnerable people in coalfield communities to alleviate the effects of poverty
- Create Jobs and Help People into Work – projects that create new sustainable jobs within the community, or support people into work, including addressing barriers to work such as childcare or transport
- Develop Skills and Training – projects that develop skills for people or help them gain new qualifications
- Improve Health and Wellbeing – projects that improve the quality of life for people living in coalfield communities with health problems, or projects that prevent negative impacts on health and wellbeing
- Nurture Social Enterprise Development – projects that support the growth and development of social enterprises.
- Promote Financial Inclusion – projects that develop the skills of people to manage their finances and provide support to those with problem debts
- Develop Community Facilities – the creation/redevelopment of facilities that benefit the wider community.
For eligibility criteria, further information and links to apply visit their website: http://www.coalfields-regen.org.uk/what-we-do/social-investment/coalfields-community-grants/
You can also contact them on 01226 270800 or email email@example.com
Good luck everyone!