The Leicester Mercury has teamed up with the Nottingham Building Society to invite all worthy causes to register and be in with a chance of winning a share of cash in their £35,000 giveaway.
All not-for-profit groups or charities which provide a benefit to their local community in the Leicestershire area are invited to sign up. The Mercury is accepting up to 150 applications* from local worthy causes on a first-come-first-served basis so it’s crucial you act fast!
Every successful group will receive a share of the prize pot.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO
- Purchase your Leicester Mercury from Monday, 28th April, 2014, or visit www/leicestermercury.co.uk/promotions
- Cut out or print the Cash for your Community application form and fill it out
- To be eligible you will need to have and meet the following:
- You must have permission from the relevant body of the community group or charity before submitting your application
- Your community group must be a ‘not for profit’ community group, charity or social enterprise. Be locally registered in Leicester or Leicestershire and reside in the Leicester Mercury circulation area
- Have a constitution which details who the members/trustees/directors are. Have a set of audited accounts and a bank account in the name of the group with at least 2 non related signatories.
- Send the form into the Leicester Mercury before 5pm Wednesday, 7th May, 2014
- The 150 successful groups will be notified and showcased to the public in our short-list which will be published through the weeks of 19th and 26th May
- Members of the community can vote using coupons printed daily in the Leicester Mercury from Monday, 2nd June to Saturday, 28th June and send them to the Leicester Mercury or to you as the organisation of their choice. The more coupons you collect, the bigger your slice of the prize fund
- You will need to send the voting coupons in to us by 5pm Wednesday, 2nd July
- Results will be announced in the Leicester Mercury during the week commencing 21st July (this may be subject to change). Every single one of the short listed groups and charities will receive a share of the prize, proportionate to the number of coupons received
The Leicester Mercury is certain that a share of the £35,000 whether big or small could make a huge difference to your chosen cause. Remember, those who register in time and meet the criteria and are lucky enough to make their top 150 are all winners.
Make it happen this year with ‘Cash for your Community’ 2014.
*For full terms and conditions see leicestermercury.co.uk/promotions
Contact Tess Rushin on 0116 2224709 if you have any questions and good luck everybody!