Made By Sport (Youth Sport Fund) – OPEN 12th April – 14th May 2021
- For sports clubs or organisations working with young people aged 5-25 who can clearly demonstrate how the club or organisation uses sport to deliver one or more of these wider social outcomes:
- Developing Life Skills
- Improving Mental Health
- Reducing Crime and Anti-Social Behaviour
- Developing Employability Skills
- Building Stronger Communities
(NB more details and examples are listed on the Fund Fact Sheet)
- You must also be able to demonstrate how the Covid-19 pandemic has adversely affected your group, either operationally or financially, and which require funding to save, resume or adapt.
- Organisations MUST be able to demonstrate that they have a minimum of 90% of their membership within the age range of 5-25.
- The definition of ‘Sport’ for this fund is seen as any physical based activity (e.g. includes dance groups, horse riding, yoga etc.)
Please note that: Made By Sport charity received this funding via a donation from Flutter Entertainment, a sports betting, gaming and entertainment provider. This donation is the result of business rates relief, which was put in place from March 2020 to March 2021 for its shops in England.
A one-off grant of £2,021 per club/ organisation.
The funding is unrestricted so can be spent on core costs as well as on programme or capital costs. Funds can also be used towards match funding or for leverage for a larger programme.
We can ONLY accept applications from organisations whose latest accounts demonstrate that their annual expenditure does not exceed £75,000 funding will be awarded to the following priorities:
- Priority 1 – Up to £25,000
- Priority 2 – Up to £50,000
- Priority 3 – Up to £75,000
Please note that: you will need to tell us if you have received exceptional/ one off grants during the pandemic that have affected your 2020 income and taken it above one of the priority thresholds. You will need to evidence this by sending us 2018/2019 accounts
Dates and Deadlines
- Fund opens: Monday 12th April
- Fund closes: 5pm on Friday 14th May but please note that: We reserve the right to close the fund early depending upon the number of grants received.
- Groups will be notified of the outcome of their application by early July.
All grants must fully spent by September 31st (i.e. grants must be spent within 3 months).
Before applying please read the full Eligibility and Guidance notes here: Made By Sport Fund Fact Sheet
Link to Application form – CLICK HERE
Please contact a member of the grants team if you have any queries or need help at any stage of the application process. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Telephone: 07310 166 399 or 07496 179 376