Coronavirus Support Fund – OPEN (with funding from NET and local donors)
The Coronavirus Support Fund is for charitable and community organisations supporting local people who are struggling as a result of the pandemic.
The money for this fund is from the remaining National Emergencies Trust Fund and generous family or company donors.
Please note: Following the high demand and successful distribution of funds throughout 2020, we now have limited amounts of funds remaining, therefore, this fund may close at short notice.
From January 2021 a panel will review applications monthly.
The fund is still open to constituted charitable and community organisations in Leicester, Leicestershire or Rutland, working with local people facing the most hardship during the pandemic and following the lockdown.
All grant projects must be delivered and fully spent by August 31st 2021.
Grant sizes are up to a maximum of £5,000.
This fund is for organisations providing direct services prioritising:
- People disproportionately affected by Covid 19
- Older people (over the age of 70) not otherwise supported
- People of any age, including young people, who are struggling, isolated and lack a support network
- People with medical conditions, including mental health difficulties, not otherwise supported.
- People with low or insecure incomes e.g. having to claim universal credit or use food banks
- People facing domestic violence.
- Provision and distribution of food (including surplus food) to people most in need
What sort of work will the Fund give money towards?
We will continue to prioritise projects which directly respond to acute need as a result of the coronavirus, including:
- Running costs to provide help: such as volunteer expenses, staff costs, transport costs.
- Small core costs
- Small capital costs – laptops, phones, internet connections, equipment
- Costs associated with (evidenced) increased demand or urgent new needs
- Training for new volunteers
- PPE/social distancing equipment so that you can provide covid-safe service delivery in line
with government guidelines.
Please read the ** Coronavirus Support Fund – Eligibility and Guidance** before submitting an application.
To apply please click **here**
If you are able to donate please click here
Please contact a member of the Grants Team if you have any queries or need help at any stage of the application process. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
Telephone: 07310 166 399 or 07496 179 376 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org