Applications for the #iwill Fund from Leicestershire and Rutland are being managed by Northamptonshire Community Foundation. Please find further information and links to their website below:
The #iwill Fund will offer grants between £1000 and £5000 for projects and activities raising the level and quality of youth social action in Northamptonshire, Leicestershire and Rutland. Activities must be for young people between the age of 10 and 20 and up to 25 years for disabled young people.
Social action involves activities such as campaigning, fundraising and volunteering and helping young people develop the skills and knowledge that employers looks for.
Groups must demonstrate that their programme can meet the following quality principles of great youth social action:
- Socially impactful
More details about the principles can be found on the #iwillwebsite.
Please call Matthew on 01604 230033 if you need to discuss the principles.
Example projects may include:
- A drop in where young people teach others new skills such as coding/bike maintenance/nail art
- Bite-size events for young people to train an organisation’s staff on the latest social media
- Growing vegetables with a local allotment or food initiative and then selling them
- Youth volunteering projects where young people support local residents needing help such as shopping, gardening and street cleaning
Am I eligible to apply?
- Your group must be a locally managed voluntary or community group, registered charity and other charitable organisations including Social Enterprises and CICs
- Local branches of national organisations can apply but must have their own management committee and bank account
- You must have safeguarding policies in place
- Statutory organisations cannot bid for the fund
- Unable to fund activities promoting party political activity
- Unable to fund capital costs / equipment. (Purchase of refreshments for volunteers is okay).
- Unable to fund Individual sponsorship
- Unable to fund activities generating private profit
- Faith groups are welcome to apply but activities which evangelise or proselytise religious beliefs will not be eligible. Projects that only work with one faith are also not eligible
The group must be locally constituted, based in and the work must take place within Northamptonshire, Leicestershire or Rutland
Next closing date: Friday 6 September 2019
Apply Now at * http://www.ncf.uk.com/apply-for-a-grant/grant-finder/iwill *
Northamptonshire Community Foundation can provide advice and guidance during the application process as well as viewing draft applications prior to submission. Email Matthew Toresen for more information or call the grants team on 01604 230033.